2/1/12

Cheesecake stuffed strawberries!

It is February.... and that means LOVE!  Not only is it valentines day, four of my family members have birthdays this month.  Yes, one of them is my Sweetheart.

So the theme of the month is Sweet Love! 

Starting with cheesecake stuffed strawberries!   These are really easy to do and I promise that who ever you share these with will loooove you. 

Ingredients:

1 large package of fresh strawberries

8oz  package of cream cheese, softened

2-4 T. powdered sugar  -depending on how sweet you like the filling.

1 t. almond extract

gram cracker crumbs or nuts


First take your strawberries and wash them really well.  Cut the stems off and then use a knife to hollow out the berry.  I found that a lot of the berries already had a hole in the middle so it didn't take much work.


Mix up the filling in a bowl.  It should be soft and creamy.  I scoop mine into a Ziploc bag and snip one corner off to make a make-shift piping bag.  A real piping bag is fine too.


Fill the berries with the cheesecake filling.  If you want them to stand up better on the plate cut the end off of the berry.


Dip them in nuts or gram cracker crumbs and your done.  Next time I do this I think I'll add some dark chocolate shavings to the crumbs.    


Note*  These taste best the same day you make them.  They will keep in the fridge for a couple of days...if you hide them in the back.

1 comment: