8/26/11

take a hike

Jim and I just celebrated out tenth wedding anniversary!  It is a big deal to me.  Some how getting in to the double digits seems like we accomplished something.

We decided that the bast way to celebrate was to revisit the place where we got engaged and where we were married.  Come along on our hike!


This is the meadow where we go married.   (yep, same as the picture in my header and yes you read the elevation right)


If you look down from the mountain you see medicine lake.  It is more like a glorified puddle, but we love it.






Look at this!  There is still snow up there!







The hike gets really scrambly at the end.  All the rocks are loose and they slip down the mountain as soon as you take your foot off of them.  Every so often there is a bit of life that is clinging on even in such a harsh place.  This columbine  just made me smile.



We had to take a break.....  Jim made sure that I documented how tired we were.


He really is up there.  Jim made it... I chickened out when the rocks he stepped on started to hit me.


It was fine because the view and the silence were amazing.


It is hard to see in but there is a very dead tree and a very dead cow in this picture....  I thought they were both kind of cool.


This little guy was super cute and not afraid of me at all.





Thanks for coming with us!

No comments: