10/14/10

Cabin trip

On our second date Jim took me to the cabin.  It is a beautiful place by a mountain lake in the LaSals.  We share a deep love of the mountain.  We got married up there and spent the honeymoon there.  He loves it in the winter.  He says there is nothing like being on top of the peak and being surrounded by silence.   I love the mountain in the fall when all the berries are ripe and the animals are out.  I love how deep you sleep up there and that you have to build a fire to snuggle by.


It is nine years later and this is still the place we run away to when we get the chance.  The air is so crisp and the leaves are almost gone on the Aspen trees..... jut perfect.



We took a family hike and K stopped to skip rocks on the lake.... for what seemed like forever.  After a while the bugs got to be too much and we moved on.



I made everyone pose for goofy looking photos. That's what moms do right? One day I would love to have a family picture where everyone is looking at the camera with a smile....  for now I'll just keep dreaming.


We went for a nice hike thought the pine trees and saw more deer than usual.  I have a feeling they know that every ware else on the mountain are hunters just waiting to take them home.


Then we found this!  I don't know if you can tell, but this is a photo of two trees that have turned into one!  I have never seen anything like it.  It looks as if years ago one of the trees got hit by lightning.  I think that may be why it is leaning in to the other one.   The symbolism of this is just beautiful to me.  Isn't that what we all want?  I mean some one to hold you up...some one that will blend with you to the point that you are one.  We named it the kissing tree.  I may make my little family pose under it next time.








No comments: