5/17/11

The Wesak moon

Right now at this very moment in the Wesak valley high in the Himalayan mountains there is a rocken party going on.  It is the high point of a 3 month spiritual time of service for the Buddhists.

One of my dearest friends in the whole world is there now with her family.  She has saved for years to go to this thing and was kind enough to explain it to me.

She said it a lot more beautifully... but here is the short of it.  (or at least what I was able to understand)

Once a year (today)  Buddha comes back to the Earth to bless it and all the human beings on it.  It is considered really hard to come back so it is a Huge sacrifice on Buddha's part and a gift that we should be grateful for.  He is here to assist his Spirit brother....  Christ.

**Did you know that Buddhists believe in Christ too?  I didn't.   Unlike us Christians, they believe he is still here with us helping us and guiding us to do the right thing.

Jeani wrote to me  "He  [Buddha] and His great brother, The Christ, work in the closest cooperation for the spiritual benefit of humanity. In these two great Sons of God have been focused two aspects of divine life, and They act together as Custodians of the highest type of spiritual force to which our humanity can respond. Through The Buddha, the wisdom of God is poured forth. Through The Christ, the love of God is manifested in humanity, and it is this wisdom and love which pour forth upon humanity each Wesak full moon."

Isn't that beautiful?

The reason it is This full moon in particular is that it represents the time of year when both Christ and Buddha were born and when both left the Earth.


This is what the Wesak moon looks like from my house.  As I look at it my thoughts are with my friend who is on day 3 of  5 days of silence and fasting.  She is doing a once in a lifetime thing that may just be the most incredible Spiritual journey she has had.  I can only imagine how it would feel to be with a large group of people who are all being very disciplined with their bodies and focusing on prayer  for the Healing of us all.  It just makes me feel really grateful.  Grateful for my beliefs, the atonement,  for friends, and everyone who is doing their best.

So in support of her I will hold steady in the light.  I will do my best to have Divine Wisdom and Love in my heart.   I will help to make my part of the world a better place.

No comments: