6/28/11

Chocolate Coconut Chia Shake

This is so good it has to be sinful!  Next time I make this (if there is any left over)  I think I'll see how well this freezes because it reminds me of the fudge sickles we used to have as  kids.  Today the temperature is 108 and I could really use anything cold. 



Ingredients:
  • 2 T.  Chia seed
  • 1 1/2 T. Raw Cacao
  • 8-10 oz nut milk of your liking
  • 1 t. coconut oil
  • 1 T. organic coconut flakes
  • 2 T. organic almond butter
  • 1 frozen banana
    4 dates pitted
Mix the Chia seed with about 1 oz of water and let them "gel" for 10-15 minutes.  Blend them to get out any lumps. Once fully blended, add remaining ingredients and blend until everything is incorporated. If you don’t have any frozen bananas, go ahead and use fresh bananas but add in some ice.


*** Tip: Ripe Bananas – Buy bananas that are covered in brown spots, not bruises. Peel, place in zip-lock and freeze ahead of time for smoothies !

No comments: