6/16/11

A dab of this a bit of that...

My aunt Billie is one of my very best friends.  We have so much in common that I sometimes think I was born in the wrong branch of the family tree.  We both love rocks, herbs, hiking (looking for rocks), and cooking.  Our sense of humor is the same and our taste in most things are the same.  She is so very kind to K and always brings her little trinkets and glass animals. 

One thing that we do quite often is share recipes and taste test new foods.  One day she said "Bobbi, you are just going to have to show me how big a Bit and a Dab are because I can't make your spice cake taste right".  It turns out, by the way, that a dab is a heaping teaspoon and a bit is about half that. 

She gave me these the other day and I LOVE them!



They are cute right!  I have no idea if they are the correct measurements or just a joke...  I am totally going to use them though.  I can't wait to write my first recipe that calls for 2 smidgens of nutmeg. 

If you are wondering, she did get her a set too.  

I am so lucky to have a friend like Billie.  It feels so wonderful to be understood like that.

No comments: