6/22/11

chocolate crunch

wow! it seems like the PMS truck ran over me and then backed up and hit me again.

It is times like this that I find it the hardest to be good on my diet.  It is also the time that I need to be on point or my body is not going to heal.

I came up with this to satisfy my chocolate craving so I don't end up making brownies.  Ladies, this may just be the cure for PMS.



Chocolate Crunch

dark or semi-sweet chips
coconut
walnuts
sunflower seeds
almonds
1/4 t. sea salt
1/4 t. chili powder

This is SOOO easy it is crazy!  Just melt the chocolate in a double boiler.  Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.  Make sure to get the nuts lightly coated.  Spread them evenly on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and pop them in the freezer for a few minutes.  I like to store mine in a canning jar in the fridge.  These make cute gifts for the chocolate lovers in your life.

I know it sounds weird to put salt and pepper on your chocolate.... Trust me, you don't want to skip that step.  It is what makes this Amazing.

You can substitute any nuts, seeds or dried fruit that you like.  Enjoy!

No comments: