6/8/11

Natural hair gel

All you girls with the beautiful curls...  This one is for you.

I had strait hair for most of my life and then, when I was expecting my daughter, My hair went curly.   The doctor said it was from a change in my hormones and not to worry because it would go back to normal.

Well, he lied.

I have spent the last 12 years figuring out how to deal with these waves.  I am lucky enough to be able to try lots of good products.  There are a few I love, but they all either smell bad or dry my hair out.  As my hair is turning white (I am loving it by the way)  it is getting even more curly.

I have been tinkering with making my own hair products and I think I have come up with a gel that makes my hair feel the way I want it to,  keeps it healthy, AND makes my hair curly not frizzy.  Yay!



Flax Spray Gel

1 T. flaxseeds
1 C. water
1 T. rose or orange water
1/2 t. vegetable glycerin

Soak the flaxseeds in the water for 15 to 20 minutes.  Strain the seeds out.  Add the remaining ingredients to the liquid and pour into a spray bottle.  Apply a small amount to clean damp hair and style.  Store in the fridge.

*Last time I did this I used the orange hydrosol and added few drops of vanilla extract.  It smelled like heaven and made me really happy all day long.

I always take my seeds and scatter them out in the orchard.  They make the most delicate blue flowers.

No comments: