2/8/11

Bath Salts!

Valentines day is just around the corner!  It used to be the day for getting and giving sweet treats and chocolate. 

Since going Primal that is not an option for me.  I am having a hard time justifying giving sweets either.

I came up with a fun idea for gifts.  Bath salts!  Whether you share your bath with a sweet heart or take a solitary soak bath salts will make it better.



It is super easy to make your own bath salts.  You can put them in a pretty bag tied up with a ribbon and use a sea shell as a scoop.  I found these cute little jars at the craft store to put it in.

All you need is:

1 cup sea salt
1 cup baking soda
1 cup Epsom salts
1 teaspoon essential oil(s) of your choice




I used lemon for an energizing bath, but Jasmine or Bergmont would be nice for Valentines day.....

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and store in a glass jar.  I wanted a little festive color so I added 2 drops of food red food color.

For an even quicker and more exciting version try Bath Fizz.

1 cup baking soda
3 tablespoons citric acid  (find it at the craft store)
7 drops essential oil of your choice

Combine all ingredients and put in a pretty shaker for a bubbly bath treat.

No comments: