2/12/11

Pine Nut Green beans



I am a week and a half into my 3rd primal leap.   Read about it  (here).  It is a 30 day plan to get you on the right track.  On week two you have to have a Primal get together.  So I am in the planning faze.  I think I'm going to cook a nice ham or else quail.  One thing I know I'm going to make (even though it is on my cheat list)  is pine nut green beans.

These are SO easy to make.
You need:
green beans
pine nuts
garlic cloves
olive oil
salt
pepper

The hardest part is washing and cutting off the stems.  Get a pot of water boiling on the stove while you clean the beans.  Toss them in and boil for 7 to 10 min.  They should get really bright and green.  While the beans are in the water put a generous amount of olive oil in a skillet on medium.  Slice 3 or 4 garlic cloves lengthwise so they are pretty and saute them in the oil.  Toss in a cup or so pine nuts and stirring constantly till they are golden brown. remove from heat and set aside.  Drain your beans and mix in the pine nut mixture. Salt and pepper to taste.  And that's it!

This is so easy and a real crowd pleaser.  My primal friends love it, my vegan friends love it, as well as my family who have their own conventional way of eating ....  and best of all it is Easy and keeps my stress down.

No comments: