3/7/11

we are One

I have a confession.  Underneath this clever disguise of a boring mom...I am an artist.  I am full of passion and just bursting with creativity.  This is not going to be a big surprise to my clients who see my paintings, jewelry and costumes.  My newest love is rock carving.  I have gotten into of the habit bringing back the "perfect" rock form a run or hike and then changing it to a beautiful spiritual carving.  The last few that I have done have been kind of alters.  They are big and flat and would make a great table or work space.

I am in love love love with this last one.  Hubby was kind enough to bring it home for me because it is way too big for me to carry.

I saw an Ammonite fossil at the rock shop here in town and just got enchanted by the shape.  That made me think of how many times in nature the spiral is repeated and how we all seem to be made of the same fabric.  Even in our DNA we spiral.



This is my take on it...  the picture doesn't do it justice.  I'm not sure what I am going to do with it.  For now it is next to my fire pit and makes the sanctuary a bit more interesting.

No comments: