4/22/11

Crockpot Chicken

I have said it before and I'll say it again...

I love my crockpot!

This little pot has made my life so much easier and my house always smell comforting. 


This crockpot chicken is our new favorite thing.

Ingredients:
3 carrots, sliced
1 onion, sliced
2 celery stalks cut in 1/2 inch pieces
Chicken thighs, the large pack
2 T. olive oil
salt
pepper
spices,  I used turmeric, sage, chili powder, and basil.  feel free to use what ever spices you like on poultry.
peas (optional)
coconut milk (optional)

Put the chicken, salt, pepper, olive oil, and spices in the crock pot and walk away!  I love that part.

In about 3 hours stir the chicken up a bit.  If it is done break it up with a fork if not just let it cook longer.  Sometimes you have to drain off the liquid a bit.  Then add the veggies and stir them in.  Cook till they are tender.

At this point I added some frozen peas and a big dollop of coconut milk and it tasted just like the inside of a chicken pot pie.  mmmmm....  You could also use a can of cream of chicken soup if you don't like the sweetness of the coconut milk.



No comments: