4/9/11

Holy Ravens!

For the last few years there has been two ravens that hang at our house.  They are almost like a watch dog.  I always hear them before some one rings the door bell.  My daughter gets great pleasure feeding them scraps of food.  If you ever leave your lunch out on the patio.... somehow the plate gets cleaned.  Feeding them may not be the best idea after all.




Here they are last summer.  I think this is funny because, to me, it looks like they may be waiting for some one to enter the furniture store so they can "bomb" them.


This is in the back yard and I just love how they look next to the autumn leaves.


This winter they got really friendly and didn't even care if I would go out to take photos of them.

According to Ted Andrews of Animal Speak, "The raven has great intelligence.  It is adaptable to its environment.  It will eat almost anything and that is why it is able to survive and thrive.  They have a unique ability to communicate to each other and work together.

Ravens and all corvines are easily imprinted with the image of their keeper.  They are easily trained and have the ability to count and develop a complex communication with their owner.

Wherever there are Ravens there is Magic! They are symbols of creation and Spiritual Strength.  They remind us to look for opportunities to create and manifest the magic of life.  They are messengers calling to us about the gifts the are always available to us."



The other day I walked into the living room just in time to see flood of Ravens taking to flight out of the back yard.  By the time I ran and got my camera they were quit high, but you can still see how many. 




They must have been playing in an updraft because they didn't seem to be going any ware.  They just swirled around and around.



I have never seen this many before.  It makes me wonder what message I am not getting or what is going to be created in my life this year.  No matter what it is a pretty cool memory that I will not soon forget.


***Check out my No makeup update***

No comments: